- •Approximately 10% of patients who underwent tube surgery required further operations within 6 months.
- •Many patients who underwent tube shunt surgery required further operation.
- •Valved and non-valved tube shunts had similar rates of reoperation.
- •Reoperation and control eyes fared similarly in terms of interocular pressure and visual acuity endpoints.
- •Unplanned reoperation needs further study prior to widespread use in ophthalmology.
- Return to the operating room after resident-performed cataract surgery.JAMA Ophthalmol. 2014; 132: 223-224
- Indications and outcomes of resident-performed cataract surgery requiring return to the operating room.J Cataract Refract Surg. 2016; 42: 385-391
- Risk factors for return to the operating room after resident-performed cataract surgery.Semin Ophthalmol. 2018; 33: 210-214
- Incidence of unplanned return to the operating room following vitreoretinal surgery at a public teaching hospital.Curr Eye Res. 2013; 38: 886-888
- Early reoperation rate, complication, and outcomes in resident-performed glaucoma surgery.J Glaucoma. 2017; 26: 87-92
- Am J Ophthalmol. 2020; 219 (unplanned return to the operating room after trabeculectomy.): 132-140
- Is unplanned return to the operating room a useful quality indicator in general surgery?.Arch Surg. 2001; 136: 405-411
- Reoperation as a quality indicator in colorectal surgery: a population-based analysis.Ann Surg. 2007; 245: 73-79
- The incidence of unplanned returns to the operating room after peripheral arterial bypass surgery and its value as indicator of quality of care.Vasc Endovascular Surg. 2008; 42: 19-24
- Unplanned reoperation rates in pediatric neurosurgery: a single center experience and proposed use as a quality indicator.J Neurosurg Pediatr. 2012; 9: 665-669
- Proper method for calculating average visual acuity.J Refract Surg. 1997; 13: 388-391
- Research electronic data capture (REDCap)–a metadata-driven methodology and workflow process for providing translational research informatics support.J Biomed Inform. 2009; 42: 377-381
- The REDCap consortium: building an international community of software platform partners.J Biomed Inform. 2019; 95103208
- Treatment outcomes following resident performed nonvalved (Baerveldt 350) glaucoma drainage device implantation.J Glaucoma. 2019; 28: 958-964
Supplemental Material available at AJO.com.